To supporters, Judge Sotomayor’s vigorous questioning of the Bush administration’s position… showcases some of her strengths. She is known as a formidably intelligent judge with a prodigious memory who meticulously prepares for oral arguments and is not shy about grilling the lawyers who appear before her to ensure that she fully understands their arguments.
But to detractors, Judge Sotomayor’s sharp-tongued and occasionally combative manner — some lawyers have described her as “difficult” and “nasty” — raises questions about her judicial temperament and willingness to listen. Her demeanor on the bench is an issue that conservatives opposed to her nomination see as a potential vulnerability — and one that Mr. Obama carefully considered before selecting her.(NYTimes).
- Sotomayor’s real record and America’s real issues (dailykos.com)
- Sotomayor and the Baseball Strike (outsidethebeltway.com)
- Sotomayor with Solid Public Support (dailykos.com)
- Obama comes out swinging for his justice (dailykos.com)
- Obama: Congress And Conservatives Should Stop Game Playing On Sotomayor (themoderatevoice.com)