16 photos via Telegraph.UK.
Taking atmospheric readings and photographs 20 miles above the ground, the Meteotek team of IES La Bisbal school in Catalonia completed their incredible experiment at the end of February this year.
Building the electronic sensor components from scratch, Gerard Marull Paretas, Sergi Saballs Vila, Marta Gasull Morcillo and Jaume Puigmiquel Casamort managed to send their heavy duty £43 latex balloon to the edge of space and take readings of its ascent.” via Telegraph UK [thanks, abby].
- Meteotek high-altitude balloon project (makezine.com)
“Americans love to shampoo. We lather up an average of 4.59 times a week, twice as much as Italians and Spaniards, according to shampoo-maker Procter & Gamble.
But that’s way too often, say hair stylists and dermatologists. Daily washing, they say, strips the hair of beneficial oil (called sebum) and can damage our locks.” via NPR.
“When Attorney General Eric Holder announced that drug enforcement authorities will end raids on medical marijuana suppliers in California, patients and activists cheered. Thirteen states, including Maine, have adopted medicinal marijuana laws similar to California’s.” via Medical Marijuana Back From The Shadows : NPR.
- Medical Cannabis – defacto policy in USA (mildgreens.blogspot.com)
- Pot Bust Flip-Flop in LA; Obama & Holder Must Clarify RxPot Policy Now (firedoglake.com)
- DEA Will No Longer Persecute Medical Marijuana Patients (teambio.org)
- Assemblyman Proposes Legal Marijuana As Economic Recovery Plan (takepart.com)