“It’s not quite redemption, but one of most loathed invasive species in the world—the European green crab Carcinus maenas—has had a surprisingly positive effect on an ecosystem. On Cape Cod, Massachusetts, researchers have found that the crab is reversing a decades-long trend of damage that another species has inflicted on salt marshes. It might be the first nice thing that the green crab has done for anyone.” (ScienceNOW).
- slavin: Photographer Dillon Marsh’s “Invasive Species” series…. (new-aesthetic.tumblr.com)
- Invasive species hitchhiking to west coast on tsunami debris (timescolonist.com)
- Invasive species? This sushi chef rolls with it (grist.org)
- A Blue View: The Truth About Invasive Species (nationalaquarium.wordpress.com)
- Tasty Invasives (nature.org)