The ‘flesh-and-blood’ defense; or: how black Baltimore drug dealers are using white supremacist legal theories to confound the Feds. The twisted tale of the strange linkage between the Posse Comitatus movement, the bombing of the Murragh Federal Building, and street-corner Baltimore drug defendants. A historian of extremist hate groups says he is surprised this didn’t happen sooner. (Washington Monthly via kottke)
R.I. police say man had 0.491 blood alcohol level… reportedly the
highest ever recorded in someone who was not dead highest ever recorded in Rhode Island in someone who was not dead. (SFGate via boing boing)
Effects of alcohol in terms of blood alcohol concentration (BAC) (drugrecognition.com)
* 0.04 BAC – Federal prohibited limit for commercial drivers license.
* 0.05 BAC – Increased risk taking and American Medical Association recommended prohibited limit.
* 0.08 BAC – Recommended prohibited limit for criminal charges and impaired vision.
* 0.10 BAC – Poor large muscle control, loss of balance, and prohibited limit in most states.
* 0.17 BAC – National average blood alcohol level of drivers in a fatal crash.
* 0.19 BAC – National average for first time DUI offender and of persons who have killed police officers.
* 0.20 BAC – Loss of emotional control.
* 0.22 BAC – National average for repeat DUI offenders at time of arrest.
* 0.30 BAC – Loss of orientation as to time and place.
* 0.35 BAC – Blackouts and stupor.
* 0.50 BAC – Published overdose level leading to death.
* 0.74 BAC – Highest recorded blood alcohol level by a US hospital.