‘Is the idea that the End is near a recent phenomenon? Far from it. Indeed, Chicken Littles have crying doom since ancient times. The aim of this page is to debunk end-time prophecy by listing hundreds of failed doomsday predictions, allay the fears spread by end-time preachers, anddemonstrate that doomcrying is nothing new. I also hope you will derive amusement from some of the more bizarre prophecies.
I have strived for accuracy through careful cross-referencing amongsource materials. I’m constantly adding new information and correcting mistakes, yet there may still be some errors.
Please journey with me through the wild, wacky and wonderful world of failed doomsday prophecy!’ (via Abhota).
- And Just When I was Getting Prepared for the Apocalypse… (outsidethebeltway.com)
- Mayan Doomsday Prophecy of 2012 apocalypse ‘wrongly translated’ (news.bioscholar.com)
- Catholics Agree With Prophecies Contained in The ‘2012’ Mayan Prophecy and New Hollywood Movie (prweb.com)
- Author Presents Enlightening, Analytical Interpretation of the Book of Revelation (prweb.com)
- Apocalypse Predictions Are Nothing New: A Look Back At Doomsday Theories (newyork.cbslocal.com)
- Preacher apologizes for failed apocalypse prediction (abclocal.go.com)
- Why the World Will End (Again) on Friday (livescience.com)