Texan dies after wife administers sherry enema: “A Texas woman has been indicted for criminally negligent homicide for causing her husband’s death by giving him a sherry enema, a police detective said today.
Tammy Jean Warner, 42, gave Michael Warner two large bottles of sherry on May 21, which raised his blood alcohol level to 0.47 per cent, or nearly six times the level considered legally drunk in Texas, police detective Robert Turner in Lake Jackson, Texas, told the Houston Chronicle.
‘We’re not talking about little bottles here,’ Turner said.
‘These were at least 1.5-litre bottles.’
Warner, 58, was said to have an alcohol problem and received the wine enema because a throat ailment left him unable to drink the sherry, Turner told the newspaper.” (Sydney Morning Herald)