There was some buzz last week in astronomical circles that SETI (the Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence) had discovered a candidate radio signal. In this this post, Phil Platt (Bad Astronomy) explains why the detected signal did not originate with an ETI and, in so doing, gives an informative explanation of some of the principles of SETI.
- dustinmartian: Image of the Day: 1st Kepler “Search for… (kellysutton.tumblr.com)
- First Kepler SETI Signals ID’d: No Aliens – PC Magazine (pcmag.com)
- Kepler Receives First Images; Looks To Be From An Alien Civilization, But Isn’t (techie-buzz.com)
- First Alien Signals Found By SETI (disclose.tv)
- Deus Ex Alpha Centauri: Buy Euros Now As SETI May Have Discovered Aliens (zerohedge.com)
- SETI’s Search for Intelligent Alien Life Resumes (livescience.com)