Exiles mourn latest in string of self-immolation suicide protests: “Dozens of Tibetans have self-immolated in the past year to protest Chinese oppression. In addition to dousing themselves with fuel, some drink kerosene, so that the flames will explode from within.” (via Boing Boing). Why is this phenomenon being largely ignored by the world press?
- Wave of Tibet Immolations Among History’s Biggest (abcnews.go.com)
- Opinon: Why Tibetans burn themselves (cnn.com)
- Tibet Protester Who Set Himself Alight Dies (news.sky.com)
- Thousands mourn at Jamphel Yeshi’s funeral (photoblog.msnbc.msn.com)
- Wave of Tibet immolations among history’s biggest (thehimalayantimes.com)
- Horrific‚ anti-China protests become Tibet’s norm (thehimalayantimes.com)
- Tibetan Monk, 20, Latest to Self-Immolate in China (abcnews.go.com)